A rare person comes to the gym without a bottle of water or does not drink water at lunch or dinner. However, such consumption of the liquid can be the cause of serious health problems, of which it is much more complicated to get rid than to reject some sips of water.
crazyfeed.com decided to find out, in which cases the drinking water can simply harm the human being. As a bonus, we will tell you what will happen if you drink a lot of liquid throughout the day (spoiler: nothing good).
9. You should not drink water just before going to sleep
At a minimum, there are two reasons to refuse a glass of water before going to sleep.
- The first is a possible disturbance of the hours of sleep. You will probably have to go to the bathroom at night. And it is not clear how much time you will need to sleep afterward.
- The second reason is that, at night, our kidneys work slower than during the day. Due to all this, in the morning you can notice an edema of the face and extremities.
8. You should not drink water during intensive workouts
According to scientists , the consumption of fluid during sports loading can lead to deterioration of the state during and after training. This is linked to the fact that, due to physical exercises, the athlete has heat and often consumes too much fluid, causing the washing of electrolytes.
In total you can feel:
In addition, an excessive amount of fluid in the body carries the heart even more, which is dangerous for people who have problems with it.
Therefore, it is recommended to drink water only after a break from training.
7. Do not drink water if the urine became transparent
The completely transparent urine without signs of yellowness is a sign that during the day you drank too much water, including when you were not thirsty. This can lead to a decrease in the level of sodium in the body, which can bring unfortunate consequences, including a heart attack.
6. Do not drink water when you eat spicy food
Especially if it is chili since the burning sensation in the mouth when consuming this food is caused by a substance called capsaicin. Capsaicin is a non-polar molecule and you can only reduce these painful sensations by mixing it with analog molecules, which are found, for example, in milk.
If you try to lower the heat of the chile with a glass of water, which consists of polar molecules, you will cause the capsaicin to spread through the mouth and esophagus, which will only make the situation worse.
5. You should not drink water during and after the meal
When trying to lower the food with water you can have an indigestion, since, during the meal, the slime is actively formed, which contains enzymes necessary for proper digestion.
When consuming water, the amount of saliva is reduced . Due to this, badly digested toxic residues of the simplest food can accumulate in the organism. Cold water or an alcoholic beverage can aggravate the situation.
4. You should not take water from the hose to the garden
Although the hose is connected with a good purification system. The substances contained in this tube can harm your health.
- The organotin substances disrupt the functioning of the endocrine system.
- Antimony adversely affects the liver and kidneys.
- Phthalates decrease the level of intelligence and negatively impact the way a person behaves.
3. It is not advisable to drink water with sweeteners
The advice is current for those who try to say goodbye to the extra kilos. The sweeteners artificial contribute to increased appetite and weight.
By the way, the sweeteners can be present even in water bought with lemon or lime juice.
2. Everyone knows that you should not drink sea water, but why?
It is well known that you do not have to drink sea water, but few know how it can harm your health.
First, most coastal marine waters contain human pathogens. That’s why, even when you fill your mouth with a little water, hurry to spit it out, if you do not want to spoil your vacation due to the rotavirus with its unpleasant symptoms.
Second, it contains a huge amount of salts, and our body will need more fluid to remove them. This may be cause for severe dehydration.
1. You should not drink water if you had already taken a lot of water before
Previously, we had already talked about this topic. An excessive amount of liquid in the body leads to the loss of sodium and brings a series of unpleasant consequences for this process.
In addition, the excessive consumption of water loads the kidneys preventing them from supplying the blood with the necessary substances.
what would happen if you drink a lot of water?
By using the liquid improperly, diseases such as hyponatremia develop. Doctors recommend treating it with all seriousness, as it can be dangerous not only for health but for life.
Patients with hyponatremia observe the following symptoms:
The causes described above are not a reason to reduce the amount of water to the minimum because without it our body cannot function well. However, it is clearly not worth exaggerating with the volume of the vital liquid.