The Special Forces officer of the United States, Clint Emerson, participated in secret government operations throughout the world, for 20 years. And after retiring, he wrote an illustrated book-manualin which he detailed the skills and knowledge necessary to counteract an attack and survive in a critical situation.
crazyfeed.com chose the most interesting illustrations that come with a detailed description, and that lift the veil of the secret real life of special agents.
1. How to survive a car crash
While driving, keep your hands in the “9 and 3” hours position, and your thumb on the outside of the steering wheel. The possibility of breaking your fingers is very high with the thumbs and index fingers placed around the steering wheel. If you keep your hands on the wheel in a crossed position, there is not only the risk of breaking the wrist, but also the forearm.
If you are behind, before the blow put your hands on the back of your head, rest your forehead on the front backrest and keep your knees bent at a 90 ° angle. The risk of injury is lower in this position.
2. Avoid the attack of a dog
To scare away dogs, you can use a mixture of water and ammonia. The ammonia is quite harmless and will not harm the animal in any way, but it will scare it away immediately.
The second option is to use a cylinder of compressed air. They are sold to clean the computer keyboard. A powerful current of cold air in the nose will disorient even the most angry dog.
The most effective way is to use a pepper or urine solution from another animal. The pepper will simply chase away the dog, while the presence of urine will be perceived as an indication that the territory is from another animal, and the dog will stop following you.
3. The bag of a special agent
Any agent has elements that can help you survive in any situation, so you should always carry them.
- For example, a mouthguard will help protect teeth in a collision, a black phone will not attract attention when it acts as a hidden camera, and a Swiss knife is indispensable in countless cases.
4. How to defend yourself from a chokehold
An attack from behind to strangle the victim is one of the most used techniques. It acts on the carotid artery, blocks oxygen and allows the enemy to faint in 3-5 seconds. But it is possible to avoid it.
- The first thing you should do is pull your neck back and put your hand in the attacker’s grip area. This is done to avoid strangulation.
- Then lean forward, take the opponent by the sleeve in the shoulder area, as low as possible, and lean forward with a sharp movement, pulling the shoulder down. As a result, you will make the enemy fall above you and stun you.
5. Overcome a return flow
If you’ve seen spy movies, you may have noticed that, many times, agents land at sea from an airplane or a helicopter. But in real life, the most dangerous thing in a situation like this is not a jump from a great height, but the current of return that will not allow to approach the shore.
The return or hangover current is a strong current of water that can appear anywhere at a distance of 10 to 15 meters from the shore.
If you ended up in a return current, do not swim in a straight line, but parallel or diagonally to the coast. These types of currents are usually not long; You can swim until it’s over and so save your life.
6. What is the best way to block a door?
One of the safest ways to block a door in such a way that it is even difficult to knock it down is to place wooden or rubber wedges on all three sides of the door.
The mop stick (or a chair) placed under the latch is also effective. But you need to put a rubber or wooden support on the floor to prevent the stick from sliding.
Another simple way is to move heavy objects towards the door. Thus, the attacker will not only have to open the door, but will also have to go through the blockade.
7. Where to hide if you are being shot
In Hollywood movies, shooting is common. In the real life of an agent, the shots are no less frequent.
To protect yourself, it is important to find a safe haven. If you are in a house, a solid table with a granite surface will protect you from bullets better than a sofa or armchair. On the street, the safest place is behind large flower pots, and if you hide behind a car, let it be in the front.
- Items like books and document folders also serve to cushion bullets and can save the life of an agent if they are used as bulletproof vests.
8. What position to adopt if they are going to tie you up?
Every agent knows that if they tie you well, it will be almost impossible to break free. That’s why you have to be prepared and be clever.
- If your hands are tied, join the base of your thumbs and leave a space of a few inches below. This way you can free your hands easily.
- If you are tied to a chair, take a deep breath, bend the lower part of your back, separate your feet a little. This way you will also have free spaces and you will be able to free yourself easily.
- Another trick that captive US agents often use when they are tied is to hold a part of the rope with their hand or foot.
9. The best places to hide
There are many places where you can hide money, microphones or documents with important information. For a special agent, it is important to know them all.
- The best places are the hollow tubes of the curtains, the upholstery of the furniture, the plugs and the electronic devices of big size (televisions and refrigerators).
10. How do the agents do not leave traces?
An agent must be reserved and elusive. And being elusive means not leaving traces. There are several ways to do it that are used very often.
- A classic are white cotton gloves. They do not leave traces, and if they leave them, it will not be noticed immediately.
- Glue or enamel can be used, which will not allow the fingers to leave marks on the surfaces.
- Pumice stone, which is often used in cosmetology to clean the feet, will also serve : it will erase fingerprints for several days.
11. How to get free if your hands and legs are tied
To release the feet : stand upright and place your feet in the “V” position. Then it jumps and, during the landing, with a strong movement, opens the knees to the sides. The tape on the knees will break immediately.
To free your hands : if your hands are tied behind your back, you must move them forward. Now, stretch your arms forward, squeezing them against each other, as much as you can (this will create the necessary pressure), and pull your hands down and to the sides with a sudden movement.
12. How to get rid off a roadblock
Surely you’ve seen more than once how the main character of an action movie hits a car barrier at full speed and follows his path quietly. In real life, to cross this type of obstacle, you have to find your weak point.
- Find the biggest gap between the cars. Now look at which of them is at a greater angle to your position. The front or rear of that car will be the weak point and the best point of impact.
Share your thoughts in the comment section below! and Don’t forget to Share with Your Friends and Family.